Looking For a Complete Secular-Based Language Arts Program?
Scott Foresman’ Reading Street English and Language Arts covers all the language arts subjects except handwriting. Based on the Common Core Standards, it is conveniently packaged in affordable homeschool bundles for grades 1-6. [Read more…]
- Secular program based on Common Core Standards
- It is non-consumable and can be used for additional family members if you use the reproducible features of the student pages rather than let one student write in the original.
- Grow your child’s love of reading and writing
- Help you plan exciting and informative lessons
- Encourage critical thinking and habitual reading
- Complete fun activities, writing exercises, and games.
Each homeschool bundle includes the following components:
- Student Edition Package (6 volumes for 1st grade in softcover, 2 hardcover volumes for each grade 2-6th)
- High-quality, authentic literature selections that emphasize comprehension, vocabulary, and writing skills and offer opportunities for cross-textual reading in content areas.
- Weekly lessons focus on a Big Question that connects all reading, vocabulary, and writing to help your child reach a deeper level of understanding of the material.
- Teaching tips are embedded along the way under the Objectives icons on each lesson page to guide you and your child throughout the lessons.
- Teacher Resource DVD Includes all the instruction materials you will need including:
- Teaching guides with lesson planners and scoring rubrics
- Printable activities and worksheets
- Vocabulary resources with weekly lesson alignment
- Practice books with daily games, quizzes, reading and writing exercises matched to each lesson
- Guide on the Side A handbook that:
- Supports effective literacy instruction.
- Provides a framework of routines and example activities that include mini-lessons, a writing workshop, and guidance for assessing and monitoring your child’s progress.
- ExamView® Assessment Suite CD An easy-to-use software that allows you to:
- Create, customize, and print tests.
- Analyze the test results and prescribes reteaching activities when needed.
- Parent Guide A brief overview of the program for parents.