Traditional Literature Courses with a Christian Perspective
The BJU Press Literature program is well done. Our daughters liked it because it correlates with the BJU Press Heritage Studies and has interesting literature selections. Given their choice of literature courses, they kept choosing BJU Press literature! Complete curriculum kits include the components for one student and one teacher. With a proven track record—over 30 years experience in publishing textbooks—you can trust courses from Bob Jones University Press. Their literature courses are a favorite at Lamp Post Homeschool!
BJU Press Explorations in Literature Textbook Kit, 4th Ed.
This literature course teaches a biblical perspective on six unit themes—courage, nature and man, generosity, our land, humility, and family. It strengthens students’ understanding of literature by focusing on advanced literary concepts.
The Bob Jones Explorations in Literature Textbook Kit for homeschool includes one of each:
- Explorations in Literature Teacher’s Edition with CD 4th Ed., (#bju244038 ISBN-13: 9781606825945)
- As with other teacher’s editions, includes a full-color student text.
- In the side and bottom margins, find Objectives, Lesson Support, Preparation, Teaching Strategies, Scriptural Application, and more.
- It includes a CD with teaching helps, bulletin-board ideas, writing rubrics, quizzes, ESL exercises, and much more!
- Explorations in Literature Student Text 4th Ed., (#bju231589 ISBN-13: 9781606825938)
Teach students to recognize and appreciate literary techniques, present a variety of literary genres, and develop critical thinking skills.
- Tests for Explorations in Literature 4th Ed., (#bju231621 ISBN-13: 9781606825952)
Non-reproducible for one student and contain questions and answers—drawn directly from the textbook.
- Question types include multiple-choice, short answer, matching, true/false, and brief essays.
- It includes a midterm and a final exam.
- Test Answer Key for Explorations in Literature Tests 4th Ed., (#bju231613 ISBN-13: 9781606825969)
For easy grading, it has overprinted answers on copies of the student test pages.