Traditional Literature Kit With a Christian Perspective for 11th Grade
The BJU Press American Literature program is well done. These complete kits include the necessary components for one student and one teacher. With a proven track record—over 30 years experience in publishing textbooks—you can trust courses from Bob Jones University Press. American Literature is a favorite at Lamp Post Homeschool!
Take an additional 10% off our sale price on all BJU Press Homeschool Kits with Coupon Code BJUPKIT10.
American Literature Textbook Kit 11th Grade 3rd Edition
BJU Press American Literature (3rd ed.) surveys the works of more than seventy-five authors in a chronological study that connects their lives and beliefs as they are revealed in their writings.
Students will examine Colonial, Revolutionary, Romantic, Realistic/Naturalistic, Modern, and Contemporary periods and themes relevant to each period.
The kit includes one of each of the following items:
- American Literature Teacher’s Edition (3rd ed.) (#295915 ISBN-13: 9781606827345)
- Mirrors the reading process approach introduced in the Student Text
- Each lesson plan follows a simple structure to focus on three strands of instruction: Before Reading, Teach, and After Reading.
- Includes a Teacher’s Toolkit CD with additional content.
- American Literature Student Text (#295881 ISBN-13: 9781606827338)
Contains introductory essays for each unit providing an overview of the cultural and historical events and ideas influencing each literary period.
- The instruction for the literature selections is structured around the reading process approach.
- Students will improve close-reading skills with questions during reading that focus on the three strands of study: Analyze, Read, and Evaluate.
- American Literature Tests (#295923 ISBN-13: 9781606827352) Contain questions and answers that are drawn directly from the textbook.
- Question types include multiple choice, short answer, matching, true/false, and brief essays.
- Midterm and final exam are included.
- American Literature Test Answer Key (#295949 ISBN-13: 9781606827369)
For easy grading, it has overprinted answers on copies of the student test pages.