SPIRE 1A and 1B Illustrated Decodable Readers have ten different readers in each set.
- Each set contains illustrated versions of stories from the S.P.I.R.E Reader Level 1.
- Level 1 covers these skills: Short a, short i, Short o, Short u, Short e, sh, ch, th, wh, -ng, -nk,
- Each set covers these skills with different stories.
- The books in this series have black and white illustrations.
- The readers are designed with fully decodable test, controlled for phonics and sight word knowledge.
- Use them with the S.P.I.R.E. reading program or as a supplement to any reading program.
- According to the publisher’s website, SPIRE Readers are aligned to the Common Core State Standards.
S.P.I.R.E. Set 1A
S.P.I.R.E. Starter Set 1A Decodable Readers
The S.P.I.R.E. Starter Set 1A Illustrated Decodable Readers includes one of each of the following readers:
- The Pig and the Ant (Short a, Short i)
- The Lost Dog (Short o)
- The Gum (Short u)
- The Pet Hen (Short e)
- The Fish Wish (sh)
- At Lunch (ch)
- Dash on the Path (th)
- A Whiz Kid (wh)
- The Lost Ring (-ng)
- Hank’s Fish Tank (-nk)
S.P.I.R.E. Set 1B
S.P.I.R.E. Starter Set 1B Decodable Readers
The S.P.I.R.E. Starter Set 1B Illustrated Decodable Readers includes one of each of the following readers:
- Snip and Snap (Short a, Short i)
- Mom and Dad Jog (Short o)
- Gus and His Pup (Short u)
- Get the Pets! (Short e)
- A Red Sash (sh)
- Lunch on the Sand (ch)
- The Math Test (th)
- A Fast Dog (wh)
- Lunch with the Gang (-ng)
- Mink and Skunk (-nk)