Economical, Homeschool Friendly Phonics Workbooks
- Supplement any reading program with Explode the Code Workbooks 3 and 4.
- Use after completing Level 2
- Need more practice and review—½ level workbooks are available.
- Get lesson plans and teaching suggestions in the Teacher’s Guide 3-4.
- Aligned to the Common Core State Standards according to the publisher’s website—It’s still a great program.
- Choose this series for homeschool beginning readers—We think it’s a great option.
- Work every on phonics.
- If your student seems frustrated, break up the lesson into two or three short sessions in one day.
Student Workbook 3
Explode the Code
Explode the Code Workbook 3, 2nd Edition
In Book 3 of the Explode the Code Phonics Workbooks, the sounds covered are –y, silent e, sh, th, wh, ch, ng, ck, tch, ai.
Your child will start learning to read long vowel words. Sometimes it is hard for beginning readers to know when a vowel is short or long. Book 3 has exercises that help to learn the difference.
Student Workbook 4
Explode the Code
Explode the Code Workbook 4, 2nd Edition
Explode the Code Book 4 covers ful, ing, est, ed, ness, y, le, etc.
One of the best features in Workbook 4 is the lessons on dividing syllables.
Explode the Code Books 3-4
Explode the Code Teacher Guide/Key for Books 3-4, 2nd Edition
The Explode the Code 3-4 Teacher’s Guide is very helpful if you haven’t taught reading or phonics before or if you need extra teaching help for different learning needs and styles.
The Teacher’s Guide for Books 3 & 4 has the following features:
- Options for instruction and reinforcement of each lesson
- Each lesson plan uses the same easy format:
- Quick Review—of the previous concepts
- Phonological/Phonemic Awareness—instruction to help students with the sounds in spoken words. In Book 4 your student will also identify syllables in words.
- Phonics—to learn the sound-symbol relationship
- Vocabulary—learn new words and identify sight words
- Completing Student Pages—directions for the workbook pages
- Comprehension—activities to build comprehension
- Fluency—reading practice to work on pronunciation, intonation, and speed
- Writing—writing practice
- Differentiating Instruction—suggestions to help with different learning styles and needs
- Key-Answers to the posttests for Books 3, 3½, 4, and 4½
More Reading at Lamp Post Homeschool
SING SPELL READ WRITE
BOB JONES READING
BLUE BOOK READING
Common Sense Press
PHONICS & READING
Explode the Code® is a registered trademark of EPS School Specialty.