A Complete Traditional Christian-Based Reading Program
Learn to read with Christian phonics-based reading kits for grades 2 by Bob Jones University Press.
Features of BJU Press Reading Kits
- Learn to read with a phonics-based traditional textbook kit—That includes a Teacher’s Edition, Student Worktext, and Readers.
- Emphasize reading comprehension, critical thinking skills, and vocabulary enrichment with BJU Press Reading 2.
- Read character-building stories and classical literature selections.
- Study phonics with a Christian-based reading program.
- We are pleased to offer the BJU Press Reading 2 Kits at Lamp Post Homeschool for your convenience in one-stop shopping for your homeschool curriculum needs.
BJU Press Reading 2 Homeschool Kit 3rd Ed.
The BJU Press Reading 2 Kit for second grade contains all the items necessary to teach Reading 2 including:
- Teacher’s Edition with CD for Reading 2, 3rd Ed. (#514828) The BJU Press Reading 2 Teacher’s Edition has 180 lessons. It features:
- Phonics instruction for review
- Multi-level discussion questions to promote critical thinking
- Suggestions for pre- and post-reading activities to meet multiple learning needs
- Uses silent and oral reading to build reading skills
- Two BookLinks (Guides and novels for The Treasure of Pelican Cove and Pulling Together)
- Book report instructions
- The Teacher’s Toolkit CD contains additional instructional aids for phonics and literacy skills, bi-quarterly assessments, service word cards, vocabulary context sentences, Student Worktext Answer Key and more.
- 2A Student Text for Reading 2 All God’s Creatures, 3rd Ed. (#278911 ISBN: 9781606821961)
- Story types include realistic fiction, fantasy, informational, poetry, fiction, fable, articles, and a Bible account.
- 2B Student Text for Reading 2 Hearts and Hands, 3rd Ed. (#278929 ISBN: 9781606821978)
- Story types include realistic fiction, poetry, biography, hymn, drama, and fantasy.
- 2C Student Text for Reading 2 Memories to Keep, 3rd Ed. (#294231 ISBN: 9781606826126)
- Story types include realistic fiction, historical fiction, tall tale, poetry, folktale, biography, articles, and a Bible account.
- 2D Student Text for Reading 2 Precious Treasures, 3rd Ed. (#294249 ISBN: 9781606826133)
- Story types include mystery, poetry, articles, realistic fiction, biography, fantasy, historical fiction, fable, article, and a Bible account.
- Reading 2 Student Worktext for Reading 2, 3rd Ed. 294256 ISBN: 9781606826140)
- The colorful workbook pages are consumable.
- Each student needs a workbook.
- Provides activities that focus on specific reading skills
- Has phonics teaching with songs
- Offers word family practice
- Worktext Teacher’s Edition for Reading 2 (#294264 ISBN: 9781606826157)
Includes copies of the Student Worktext pages with answers overprinted for easy grading.
- Reading for Life CD