Teach Handwriting and Keep It Simple
Level one of New American Cursive Penmanship from Memoria Press is for at students in the first grade or new cursive writers. [Read more…]
- Levels two and three are for second-year and third-year cursive writers.
- Teaching cursive penmanship before learning manuscript handwriting is possible.
- Author Iris Hatfield believes it is harder for students to learn cursive handwriting if they learn to print first.
- It makes sense when you teach a simple but elegant cursive handwriting style.
- Teach Yourself Cursive for older students and adults is also by Iris Hatfield.
- These penmanship courses are easy-to-use in the homeschool and classroom setting.
- Each book includes instructions.
In the homeschool, you only need to do handwriting instruction until it is mastered.
Why? With one-on-one penmanship instruction, the homeschool student will probably learn it the first time through. After that, the homeschool teacher will be there to correct any mistakes as they occur. You provide the review and the reinforcement. This homeschool handwriting program a great buy!
If you have a student who doesn’t take to handwriting naturally after he completes this course, then you can use the next level in this program or switch to another handwriting instruction course.
Features of the New American Cursive 1 Penmanship include
- A simplified (though lovely) cursive alphabet where unnecessary strokes are eliminated.
- Multi-sensory teaching methods are used in the book.
- Clear arrows and starting dots
- Flexible method allows for individuality of the child
- Printed in the “landscape view” ((about 11″ wide and 8 1/2″ high) and bound at the top for ease of use by left or right-handed students.
- Handy Hint: You might want to remove page 106 and have it laminated! Your student can use it to trace the letters with a grease pen or erasable marker.
New American Cursive Penmanship Book 1
Samples of New American Cursive Penmanship 1 are available at the publisher’s website.
- Book I with Famous Quotations and Scripture Sample You can see the line size for Book 1 and the dotted letters for tracing the letters.
Grade 1 and beginning cursive writers.