Teach writing and grammar at home with a complete Homeschool Kit
A strong writing and composition program is now even better by placing most of the instructional material in the student text. We like the changes in BJU Press Writing and Grammar 9—a traditional Christian-based English course for 9th grade. [Features…]
Writing and Grammar 9
BJU Press Kit
BJU Press Writing and Grammar 9 Kit 3rd Edition
This course for ninth grade emphasizes grammar skills (eight parts of speech, five sentence types), reviews spelling, capitalization, and punctuation. Writing assignments include definition, comparison and contrast, personal experience, research essay, poetry, personal response to literature, devotional writing, and letter writing.
- Now the instructing parent can work alongside the student.
- If the student is more independent, then “just give me the material, and I’ll read it and figure it out, Mom!”
- Well designed visually
- Priced economically, especially for families who plan to use it with other students.
- Bob Jones Writing and Grammar 9 is a Christian-based English course.
The Writing and Grammar 9 3rd Ed. Homeschool Kit includes one of each of the following:
W&G 9 Teacher’s Edition (#227157, ISBN-13: 9781591664581)
- Features reduced pages of the student workbook and overprinted answers.
- Includes teaching notes in the side and bottom margins.
Student Worktext for Writing and Grammar 9 (#281667, ISBN-13: 9781606822395) features:
- Reviews the eight parts of speech, five basic sentence patterns, usage, and mechanics.
- Introduces relative pronouns, pronoun reference problems, indicative/imperative mood.
- Dictionary skills, library skills, study skills, and the writing process are part of the year’s work.
- Provides students the opportunity to analyze real texts with literature selections.
- Writing projects include paragraphs of comparison/contrast and personal experience, a research essay, poetry and devotional writing, a personal response to literature.
Tests for Writing & Grammar 9 (#227108, ISBN-13: 9781591664604)
- The tests for grade 9 are arranged in sections by topic such as commas, participles, sentence type, etc.
- There are no essay questions.
- Most questions are to identify the part of speech or punctuation, choose the correct usage, or fill in the missing punctuation.
Test Answer Key for Writing & Grammar 9 (#227116, ISBN-13: 9781591664611)
Copies of each student test has overprinted answers for easier grading.
More Complete Language Arts Courses at Lamp Post Homeschool
Learning Language Arts
Common Sense Press
Paradigm English Kits
LIFEPAC Language Arts