Teach Phonics and English At Home With A Complete Christian-based Homeschool Kit for 1st Grade
Everything you need for one student and one teacher is in the complete kit. [Read more…]
BJU Press Phonics and English 1 Homeschool Kit 4th Ed.
- Combines listening and speaking skills, phonics, reading for comprehension, English grammar, writing sentences and paragraphs, and biblical worldview shaping.
- Work alongside your student with one-on-one instruction.
- Presents the biblical worldview goal of viewing language as a gift from God to be used for His glory and to love and serve others.
- Has 180 lessons in the course.
- Presents language skills as essential tools for oral and written communication.
- Study Phonics and English 1 with well-designed and visually pleasing student workbooks.
- Best of all they are priced economically, especially for families.
- BJU Press Phonics and English 1 Kit is a Christian-based traditional curriculum.
- NOTE: Please note that this kit is not compatible with BJU Press video courses.
The BJU Press Phonics and English 1
Included in the Bob Jones Phonics and English 1 Subject Kit (4th Edition) are one each of the following:
BJU Press Phonics and English 1 Teacher’s Edition 2-Volume Set (#507137 ISBN-13: 9781628562613)
- Includes six units with a total of 180.
- Each unit begins with a biblical worldview shaping lesson on one or more of the four language skills.
- Include a speaking or listening activity that will create interest in many of the lessons.
- Begins phonics instruction with a review that transitions into various activities including phonemic awareness training, word building, word family review, words in the context of sentences, and practice with high-frequency words.
- Develops grammar and sentence structure skills, strengthening the student’s ability to communicate accurately and clearly in the English lessons.
- Guides the student through the five steps of the writing process in the writing lessons—gradually releases responsibility for those steps to your student.
- Teacher resources section provides print material for instruction, practice, review, writing process support, and assessment.
- Spiral bound, 1024 pages.spiral
- Length – 1024
Student Worktext for Phonics and English 1 (#507103 ISBN-13: 9781628562576)
- Introduce a biblical worldview shaping focus at the beginning of each unit with an illustration and activity page.
- Extends guided practice taught in each lesson with colorful, engaging pages.
- Reviews related concepts and practices lesson objectives.
- Includes an activity that reinforces the new phonics skill, often in the context of decoding and reading comprehension.
- Practices grammar and sentence skills.
- Provides individual pages for the five steps of the writing process.
- Provide opportunities for formative assessment in the worktext pages.
- Softcover, 416 pages
Phonics and English 1 Activities (4th ed.) (#507111 ISBN-13: 9781628562606)
- Provides independent practice for each lesson.
- Practices the main skills taught in the lesson on the front page.
- Provides a spiral review of previous lessons and may be used for assessment.
- Includes Let’s Check pages for summative assessment.
- Softcover, 400 pages