Christian-based Logic and Critical Thinking Courses
Our daughter told us that studying Fallacy Detective and Thinking Toolbox in high school helped her in her English class at college. When I read the paper she turned in, I was impressed! She knows how to find, analyze, and shoot down faulty reasoning, logic, and arguments. We’re “prescribing” logic and critical thinking curriculum for all of our homeschooled children.
The Fallacy Detective Deluxe Set
The Fallacy Detective Deluxe Set includes one of each of the following:
- Fallacy Detective Workbook Edition 9780974531571
- Thinking Toolbox 9780974531519
- Logic in 100 Minutes Workshop DVD 9780974531526
Each item is available for individual purchase below.
The Fallacy Detective Workbook Edition
The Fallacy Detective Workbook Edition is a Christian logic and critical thinking curriculum.
- Learn logic and critical thinking with a Christian view.
- It is self-teaching.
- Write your answers to the exercises in the new Workbook Edition—Includes space for answers.
- Fallacy Detective was written by two homeschooled students.
- Study logical fallacies and propaganda techniques.
- Recognize bad reasoning with thirty-eight logic and critical thinking lessons.
- Grade the exercises with the answer key—Located in the back of the workbook.
- Introduces the special pleading and slippery slope fallacies.
- See more illustrations and cartoons such as Peanuts, Dilbert, and Calvin and Hobbes.
- Play The Fallacy Detective Game.
Download sample lesson and more information at the publisher’s website:
- Sample Lesson
- How to Use The Fallacy Detective in a Homeschool.
- How to Use Fallacy Detective in a Classroom
Ages 12 to adult
The Thinking Toolbox
The Thinking Toolbox features a Christian view of logic is self-teaching.
- Use Thinking Toolbox after The Fallacy Detective.
- Build your reasoning skills with thirty-five lessons.
- Written for ages 13 through adult
- It can be used with The Fallacy Detective.
Download a sample and learn more at the publisher’s website:
Logic in 100 Minutes Workshop DVD
- In the first of two fifty-minute workshops, Learning to Think Logically, Hans and Nathaniel show how to spot propaganda and fallacies on TV and the Internet.
- They introduce ways parents and students can combat illogic around them.
- Common errors in reasoning are explained along with recommended books for learning more about logic.
- In the second fifty-minute workshop, Using Your Thinking Toolbox, Hans and Nathaniel show how to look at both sides of a controversial topic and decide which is right.
- Logic can make boring subjects fun and memorable.
- Topics include: how to spot a scientific hoax, opposing viewpoints in history, and tools for scientific thinking.
- The Logic in 100 Minutes DVD includes workshop handouts to print.
For ages 10 to adult.