Need a break from the textbook approach and want to try something new?
The unit study approach is a popular homeschooling method. One of the nice things about the homeschool movement is that many homeschoolers wrote curriculum and published it for others to use. You can benefit from all the great choices! [Read more…]
Unit Study Curriculum
- For the upper elementary ages, the Prairie Primer makes use of the Little House on the Prairie books.
- If your children are interested in that series, it offers structured lesson plans and gives you lots of options.
- Add Spencerian Penmanship to learn old-fashioned handwriting just like Laura.
- Another unit study from Cadron Creek is Further Up and Further In.
- It is for the next age group.
- Further Up, Further In uses the Chronicles of Narnia.
- Your student will also study works by C. S. Lewis and Lamb’s Tales of Shakespeare.
- Where the River and Brook Meet uses the Anne of Green Gables series as the literature base.
Designed for grades 7 to 12, your student will study the Victorian era in this one-year curriculum.
- The Pilgrim’s Progress All-in-One Complete is a 13-week unit study based on the book with activities in science, history, and language arts.